|Easy to use simple control, user reports, open source project||Flash presentation is ready for your quick start|
|Spreadsheet graphical interface designed for detail project events||Unique architecture based on the UJO Framework|
- application is designed for an easy modification of your data include time information
- two level resolution is available for a spend time (project - tasks)
- detail sequence of your project events is always available
- only one project in time can be listed
- System Tray is supported (on Java 6.0+)
- user data are saved to a local XML file
- external module support
- business informations are saved in a XML format to the user subdirectory
- size of the application is 266 kB only
- independence on a operating system, a Java SE 5.0+ is required only
Graphical interface of the application contains three tabs. The most important tab is located on the first position and have got title Events.
1. EventsThe first tab shows a list of all begun events of the selected day. Everyone event has its own row with cells time of start, assigned project, task and some description of the event. A new event ends the previous event always, a period of the last event is allowed to edit (period is entered in minutes, a decimal format means hours).
- Period of "PRIVATE" projects is excluded from a total time, the behavior can be useful for a lunchtime e.g.
- There is recommend to press a "Sort" button (or hot key F6) to recalculate a total time of the selected day after any time modification.
2. Projects and tasksA second tab shows all prepared projects and its tasks. A finished project or task can be signed by "FINISHED" status to exclude the appropriate event from an offer of new events. All number of project must be unique at latest in time closing the application, the same rule is valid for numbers of task in scope of one project.
3. ParametersTable of parameters enables to you to modify some features of the application. A description of the parameters will be available in some of future release of the application. There is possible take back all values by a "Default" button in case of some unsuccessful modification.
- copy file "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\.jWorkSheet\styles\ReportBase.xsl" to a different XSL file in the same folder on Windows system
- modify content of the new XSL file by a text editor (with UTF-8 support best) for a transformation of a source file data.xml
- a module in a JAR format must be located in a directory: $HOME/.jWorkSheet/modules
- the JAR file module file must contain a meta file in the text format: META-INF\JWS-MODULE.MF
- the contain of the meta file has a specification of the module main class by a template: Main-Class: testmodule.TestModule
- the module main class must to implement an interface: net.ponec.jworksheet.module.ModuleApi with a no parameter constructor.
- Linux.com: Track projects and time the easy way with jWorkSheet
- Evil Tester: How to find out where the time goes
- Moongift.jp: I try to manage working time by "jWorkSheet" (translated from Japanese by Google)
- linformatika.ru: Review of the jWorkSheet in Russian
- open source
- revolutionary object architecture based on two interfaces
- support of table component
- small source code of your UJO objects
- checking by unit tests
- simple module support
- tiny framework without further dependencies
A development documentation is available in a JavaDoc format.